The Specialized Program is committed to ensure that students with disabilities have equal access to educational opportunities. A wide range of services is individually designed based on the specific needs of each student as identified by our specialists. This program also aims to provide students with disabilities with the greatest learning skills to be able to build a career and academic choices for the future Preparation for Adult Life and future plans.
FISTA under her Special Education programs is helping to create a collaborative learning community that promotes the development of each learner's unique potential in an encouraging and respectful environment through:
- Advocating for children with disabilities and, on behalf of those children.
- enabling students to develop positive social relationships, successful school to adult transition, and healthy self-awareness.
- Providing educational opportunities for parents to learn about additional ways to support their child and to advocate more effectively and ensuring the involvement of parents in the educational processes of their children.
- Conceiving, planning and implementing the IEP with all the modifications and accommodations
- Modifying the curriculum objectives, the learning strategies, techniques and tools to meet the learning style and needs of the child with a disability.
- Evaluating and interpreting the educational test results, making recommendations, and diagnosing strengths and weaknesses to develop a customized Individual Educational Plan.
- Monitoring the progress of each child with disability and planning the next year’s Individual Education Plan
FISTA North Lebanon provides an Individualized Education Program which is designed to meet the child’s unique needs. The IEP is based on:
- Statements of the child’s Present Levels of Educational Performance.
- Statements of Measurable Annual Goals.
- List of Progress Measurement indicators.
- Description of Special Education Services.
- Statement Describing Adaptations and Modifications criteria
- Statement of Length and Duration of Services.
- Preparation for Adult Life and future professional plans.